Wednesday, October 1, 2014

GITNC (Gluten Is The New Crack)

Gluten Is The New Crack

Delicious, addictive, mind-altering, and toxic; Gluten and Crack are not far from each other on my list of dangerous and illegal substances. 

Of course, I'm asking myself why in the world I would have ever let myself slip back into the spiraling, black hole of death that is the ooey, gooey, stretchy, crunchy, euphoric Gluten?

I have no answer other than, I am a weakling. I gave in to my urges, mostly led by the lack of fast, easy, and healthy foods in the fridge. While struggling just to stay awake and function throughout the day, it's definitely not easy to prepare, cook, and eat nutritious meals/snacks 3-6 times daily.

(Graphic borrowed from here
While, I'd like to place 99% of the blame on my roommate who follows the diet of a sewage troll, it's all on me. I am responsible for the choices I make in my life, as well as the consequences that follow. And, I'm definitely paying for my bad decisions.

Today marks day 31 (the start of Month 2) of my new herbal treatment protocol for Lyme Disease and Co-infections. I'm relieved to say that this past month sort of flew by. I was very anxious about such a drastic change in treatment, and how my body was going to react. So far, I think I am tolerating it okay! I look back through this month, and haven't had any huge, scary Herxheimer reactions. Rather, I've been in an extremely increased amount of pain. (WRISTS, Ankle, Knee, Neck, Fingers, Head/Migraines.)

I think it's safe to say that these are actually a result of Glutenizing my body. I am majorly inflamed, bloated, EXHAUSTED, irritable, mildly depressed, and very, very dizzy. When someone hears about a food allergy they immediately think about an anaphylactic shock type of reaction, or stomach symptoms. NOT neurological or physical reactions. I've proven to myself through several highly experimental tests, that indeed, Gluten and food allergies are both detrimental to my brain and my body.

I'm not sure whether it is the temptation, or the skepticism that keeps me coming back for more. Regardless, I need help. It's gotten to the point of feeling like there are monsters inside of me controlling my food impulses. I FEEL like a monster. I can't stop. (I hate the word "can't", but I'm so far in a hole that I don't feel like there's a way out at this point.)

Do you want to know the sad part? I'm not even eating anything that spectacular. I'm eating toast. And LOTS of it. WTF is wrong with me?! You would think I'd be going for junk food, or decadent desserts, but nope. I am craving toast. Not just any toast, mind you...Sourdough toast. My Kryptonite. It's quick, easy, delicious, and poisonous. Not only is the gluten making me ill, but the yeast is surely feeding my Lyme and Candida. =(

Logically, I should just be able to tell myself "HEY, STOP IT!" Sadly, I've fallen too deep into the abyss. I'm actually at the point of looking for a new place to live because I cannot "Just Say No". I need to be in a clean and safe environment to be able to detox and get healthy.

It frustrates me because I know I'm not a weak person. I'd surely be dead, considering all that I've overcome; but throw toxic, mind-altering substances into the mix, and it's a whole other ballgame.

Welp, I've done it before, so I can do it again! Let's kick Gluten in the ass!



No comments:

Post a Comment