Friday, November 22, 2013

*Sensitive Subject*

I will not be “participating in Christmas”. I believe in sharing love year-round, sans presents.

I would much prefer to share small acts of random kindness with strangers who might feel so inclined to do the same for others.

In order for me to be able to interact with live people, it is essential to be able to leave the house/bed/recliner. After months of dreading, and toying with the idea…
I am, however, asking Santa for a wheelchair…or the ability to not need one. Or a new body, whichever comes first. ;) Aside from horrible, unbearable joint and muscle pain causing waxing and waning mobility issues, standing is proving to be quite difficult without nearly passing out. I’ve got plenty of issues, and I am working on them, but it proves to be quite difficult from the inside of my home. I don’t want to be “that girl” but I will be, if it helps me to regain some sort of independence and normalcy to the life that I yearn to live!

I ask not, for your pity, sympathy, or judgement, but your love, understanding, and support. –Not only for myself, but for others who may be in similar situations who may not *look* sick. Our bodies are a strange and wonderful thing that we may never fully understand, but until then, let us love them anyway –despite so-called flaws. =)

Peace, Love, and Veggies to you all this very merry holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment