Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Starting a new journey! Wanna join?

Things have been pretty up in the air as of recent. A lot has happened, yet also a lot of nothing has happened. I feel as though my life is flying by me, while I'm standing painfully still.

My little brain has been dedicated to research and development for the past few years. (Of my body.)

I can't believe it's almost 2 years since I moved to California. That boggles my ever living soul. We are nearing our 2nd lump of holidays "on our own". Things have been far from easy, and are only going to get more difficult within the next month or so.

In a month from now I will have seen an LLMD (Lyme Literate MD) who can hopefully help put together the pieces of the crazy puzzle that is my life.

I have suspected Lyme Disease ever since I noticed a bullseye rash on my wrist in the fall of 2009. I was disregarded, brushed aside and left on my own to wither away. And I did. For a few years, until I decided to take things into my own hands.

I decided I had to step up and become my own health advocate. Since no one else could, or would. Starting with the "simple" act of eating. I'm now consciously aware of what goes into my mouth and how it will affect me, positively or negatively. I adjust accordingly. When that didn't "work", I began digging a bit deeper. The wheels were spinning and with lack of improvement, sometimes comes the ability to slow down and look back. To reconsider possibilities, and to slowly put pieces together.

Lyme Disease is one of those things you hear about and think, "well...that couldn't be me" and you go on with your life. Until you take a turn for the worse.

Most people know the "basics" of Lyme Disease, that it is something you "catch" from a tick, and is usually spread by deer in "deeply wooded areas". While that is semi-true, it is not the whole truth. Lyme Disease is the single most complex ailment I have yet to come across in my Research and Development stage.

The more I learn about Lyme Disease, the more I am flabbergasted by; not only the absolute ignorance of the layperson, but doctors as well, and the lack of credibility in our medical communities. Almost to the point that one might begin to think "They" (The Almighty, Narrow-minded They) want people to remain sick, suffering, miserable human beings, because They fail to remove their heads from their rear ends long enough to listen to people who care. People who want to make a difference, by adjusting their minds to consider all of the possibilities.

There *is* treatment available. Lots of options, all of which are much more complex than the typical "21 days of doxy, and you're good to go!" This is a raging misconception, and we must ALL be educated. Starting with healthy people. http://lymedisease.org/ is a good place to start!

I'm hoping I won't have to try them all, but at least I'm reassured I won't run out of treatment options because I won't stop fighting. Which is why I am planning on documenting my Lyme Journey. Not only for others, but also so I know where I'm at. I can look back and see how bad I was at certain times and also to track progress! *Fingers crossed!* I have a feeling video updates might be coming sometime soon, as my brain is just not that into the whole computer and typing while looking at the blinding screen thing.

So, bare with me here. I'm sure someone will read this......someday. And that's all that matters, if even only myself in the future. =)

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading it. :) I'm sorry that you have to struggle with this, but I hope you are also learning that you are not alone. Keep writing and keep connecting with others with Lyme Disease. I hope that your visit with the LLMD goes well and that you'll come find me (and your other Spoonie friends) on Twitter if you ever need to chat!

    ReplyDelete